I don’t know about you but I have been dealing with a particular issue for some time now and I feel that by now, I should have seen a breakthrough or at least be very close to the solution. In the last week and a half, I made a decision. No matter of fact. No back and forth. No dragging this out any more. End this thing. Reach this goal. It’s now or never or at least I feel like this is my truth. I told myself if I don’t do it now, I will never do it! OK. Let me calm down a little. I know that I should never say never because we are more than conquerors through Christ who is our strength (Romans 8:37) and all things are possible if we would only believe (Mark 9:23), and help is just a sincere prayer away. It's more like, “OK, Annie. Enough is enough. Hunker down. Get serious. Drop the excuses. Get this thing done.”
If this scenario sounds familiar, I want to encourage you:
1. Not to give up.
2. Have a hard talk with yourself and mean it this time. Like, “Listen (insert your name), this is ridiculous…..
3. Pray a lot. Pray for help with commitment. Prayer changes things. Prayer gets God involved so that you are not along.
4. Get bible verses that will help you to deal with the situation. They will strengthen you from within and they will help to change your thinking about the situation.
5. Dig in. Take baby steps if you need to and celebrate your success, however small it might be.
6. One last thing. Take it one day at a time. If you messed up yesterday, don’t dwell on it, making yourself anxious or worried. Remember it long enough to evaluate it to see where you missed it so you don’t keep repeating the same mistake over and over again, then forget it. No need to focus on the past or what might happen in the future. It doesn't mean that you don't make plans or set goals but too often we get stuck looking back too long and dwelling on our shortcomings, or we get anxious about the future and what it might hold. Focus on the day that you are in. Make it count.Don’t you dare look at tomorrow because tomorrow will have enough troubles of it’s on. (Matthew 6:34). Just focus on today and make every day count.
One thing that keeps me going and moving forward and it helps me to get unstuck is my relationship with Jesus Christ. I see my vision through His vision for my life and I try to keep that vision before me on a daily basis. The word of God says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). There are times when I have to speak it out loud just so that I can continue to believe it. The bible says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). The more I see my vision, the more I read it, the more I read the word of God concerning His plans for my life, the more I believe it, and it keeps me focused or it refocuses me if I get off track.
If you see yourself in this scenario, write me and tell me about it. I would love to share your story to inspire others.
Helping you to discard your past so you can embrace your future,
Changing mindsets. Changing Lives
Check out all the resources on the website which are designed to help you to get to your healthy place as you learn how to submit all things to Christ.
Don’t forget to share my website with others who you know need to develop a healthy relationship, either with food or getting free from whatever that thing is that has them bound. www.healthylivingwithannie.com